Thursday, July 20, 2006

One Man's Junk ..

Not that kind of junk, sickos.

If you ever want to feel popular, post something "For Sale" on Craigslist. Better yet, post something for "Free". Or be really wild and crazy (read: stupid) and do what I did: post three things at once. Oy!

We listed our old sliding glass door for $100. (Well, I did. Steve is at work and will probably have something to say tomorrow about the low price. What can I say? I thought it was a good compromise between the others I saw listed from $0-$300+.) I have a guy who wants to come pick it up tomorrow night and another gal calling herself "a little old lady who needs it more than he does" .. who just might show up here tomorrow night and beat him with a cane. Oops - another email just came in.

This is more exciting than the last few minutes of an eBay auction!

We (I) also listed a couple of roll-up shades ($10 each or two for $15, what a bargain, eh?) that we installed as a temporary fix when we first moved in (as the house was sans window coverings). Less of a hot commodity, apparently .. but one guy says it sounds like just what he needs. Neat.

The kid that gets around, however, is our pile of river rock that we're offering for free. I thought I was going to have to BEG people to take this off our hands .. but I got 7 responses in less than an hour! Vultures! I love the bribes people offer up: "I'm not one of those flaky Craigslisters who doesn't show up." "I'm in Troutdale too so I can be there lickity-split". Notice not ONE of them has tried to differentiate themselves from the crowd by saying "I'll give you five bucks for the whole pile."

Yes, Tom Peterson (and Gloria too!), free IS a very good price!

This could be addicting. Why, oh why, have I been so diligent about donating unused items to Goodwill?!? I could have gotten money for those things .. had people fighting over me - er, them ......

Do you think I should make sure there's some furniture left in the house by the time Steve gets home? (If I never post again, it's because I've sold the computer.)

Oooh, gotta run .. two new mail messages in my inbox!

- PS to Mike G - Makes me laugh when I think of you thinking about Tom Peterson's junk right now. Teehee!

3 comments:

Jos said...

lol!

I have a lot of crap and never even thought of ebay or craigs. Hmmm. . .

Wanna buy some stuff?

j/k!

The Erickson Family said...

I am a Craigslist buyer and I must say that I have tried to sweet talk people too to get their items. I picked up two items this week that I bought from Craigslist. Gotta love it!

Mike, Crystal, Peanut, Maemae, Lelou and Corbin said...

Mmm...Tom Petersons junk...hey..wait a minute...I thought you said not that kind of junk?