Thursday, March 05, 2009

Betcha Greg Oden Doesn't Use Frozen Peas




As the doctor said today, "Knees are like pregnancy. Either you're pregnant, or you're not. Either your knee works, or it doesn't."

Not exactly profound, or terribly poetic for that matter, but true enough.

And Steve's knee ... well, it doesn't work.

But hey! We won't ever be posting any ultrasound images on our blog, so here are some freaky MRI images instead. (Is that redundant? What does the "I" in MRI stand for? Is it "Images"? If so, by saying "MRI images" am I really saying "MR Images images"?)

It's like Steve saying "spinach salad" instead of just plain spinach and driving me crazy. Sort of. More accurately, like using the term VIN number. Vehicle Identification Number number.

Anyway, Steve's knee doesn't work. He's scheduled for surgery next Tuesday morning.

Oh, he's telling me the "I" stands for "Imaging". So just ignore that up above.

Here's what's technically wrong with his knee: Prepatellar bursitis, partial tear of the infrapatellar tendon at the attachment sight on the patella, partial tear of the medial retinaculum, small knee effusion with a tiny Baker cyst with minimal subcutaneous edema. Get your internet research on!

Surgery time TBA, but Tuesday morning. Should last about an hour and a half. Will be able to walk on it immediately but will have two separate knee braces on (I'll understand that one when I see it). If insurance won't cover the fancier of the two, then he'll be wearing frozen peas instead. Unknown when he'll be able to drive again. Won't be chasing bad guys (or softballs) for about six months.

The good news is ... we totally saw Greg Oden at the doctor's office.

2 comments:

Mike, Crystal, Peanut, Maemae, Lelou and Corbin said...

Poor Steve! His pals at work miss him, I know. It's going to drive him insane sitting around that long, hopefully he can get to walking soon and driving so he can at least get up to TRU, actually, thats reason enough to stay home I think. Let us know if you guys need anything! I have plenty more movies for him to borrow. We sure miss you guys :(

The Erickson Family said...

I'm behind on my blog checking, but almost laughed out at the comment on ultrasound photos and the MRIs. I stared at them thinking, "I have no idea what I'm looking at!" Can't wait to see you tomorrow night! Love you two!