Thursday, January 01, 2009

Pee-ano

It is raining cats and dogs here, and has been since the wee hours of the morning. At least it was dry when people were lighting their celebratory fireworks at midnight. Happy New Year!

We lost part of our downspout two weeks ago when the snow and wind started. Well, we didn't lose it ... it flew off the front of the house, banged across the roof, hit the back of the house and landed in our back yard. At least that's the path it sounded like it was taking as it woke us up at 3 am. Sleeping Beauty stayed in bed while I trudged outside to retrieve it lest it blow away completely. So it's not lost. It's in our garage.

So now, the fact that it's raining cats and dogs is exaggerated by the lack of downspout - the rain is dumping from the 2nd level gutter directly onto the roof of the first level. To accurately describe the annoying and pervasive sound it's making, I'll use Steve's words: "It sounds like a man with a very healthy prostate is peeing on our roof."

Speaking of healthy prostates, Steve and I both went to the doctor yesterday. He for his gimpy knee (from his collision with the SeaTac Airport escalator over Thanksgiving), me for my "is there a muscle there?!?" hip pain (from, I don't know how I hurt myself exactly, maybe sleeping?). Talk about pervasive. Steve got some drugs to cope with his pain, I was poo-pooed as usual. Not that I should complain about leaving the doctor with good news ("there's nothing wrong that I can see - come back if the pain doesn't cease"), but still. I want drugs!

No drugs for me. I'm getting a baby grand piano instead. Saturday. I can't wait! That man better stop peeing on my roof by then.

More details and photos to come!


3 comments:

Mike, Crystal, Peanut, Maemae, Lelou and Corbin said...

I can't wait to come over and play Jaws on your new piano! Its the only song I can do, maybe chopsticks too, but dang it, I rock that Jaws!

Marilyn Elvera Naseth said...

Sorry Steve, about your knee! We appreciate you picking us up at SeaTac and enduring the pain and frustration of Thanksgiving traffic!

Judy D in WA said...

Steve isn't going to climb up and fix the downspout is he??? I worry about him. A ladder is a lot more complicated than an escalator. :-)