Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Make A Wish!


This is one of my all-time favorite photographs of my older sister, who turns another year more fabulous tomorrow, January 15th. I used it to bid her a fond farewell in the Faribault Daily News back in 1991 when she went off to college.

This blog has a slightly smaller following than that publication. Nonetheless, I thought it was an appropriate place to make the photo reappear.

Happy Birthday, sis. Can you believe that cute little munchkin grew up, made a home out East, learned to speak a few languages, became a lawyer (and her own boss), married a wonderful man and now has two little munchkins of her own ... to name just a few highlights? Pretty incredible (you are). You must have made some spectacular wishes blowing out your candles each year.

Here's to blowing out many, many more!

Love you and (still) miss you,
Ronda

2 comments:

Mike, Crystal, Peanut, Maemae, Lelou and Corbin said...

Happy B-Day sis! If Ronda likes you, you must be ok!

Ronda, its awesome to see you posting often, we love it!

Marilyn Elvera Naseth said...

Hi Ronda,

How sweet! It was fun seeing that picture again. Today is your birthday. I'm thinking about you and how we labored together 34 years ago for you to make your first appearance into this world! Your face was red and puffy (kind of like Skandar's!) from pushing so hard and long, but of course, to me, you were beautiful!

I loved you then and I love you still. I told Sonja that being a mom is the hardest job you'll ever love. I still believe that.

I hope you have a fantastic day.

Love you much,

Mom