Friday, January 11, 2008

Please Add "Castration" To That Sentence

A few weeks ago, out of the blue, someone anonymously submitted a comment regarding my post "Boys Are Stupider ... Send Them To Jupiter". I didn't post the comment, not because it varied from my own point of view, but because it was clearly written by a simpleton whose opening statement of "Go jump in a lake" showed less consideration to the topic at hand than I give to my little toe each day.

This is why it's important to think about why society values boys more than girls, and to examine our own hearts to find to what extent we might be guilty of the same sexist thinking:
_________________________________________________________________

Winter Haven, Fla. -- A Winter Haven man was charged with murder, accused of fatally beating his 4-month-old daughter because he wanted a son, authorities said. Marcos Gomez-Romero, 28, told investigators that he beat Ariana Rodriguez Romero to death because did not want a daughter, according to a Polk County Sheriff's Office report. Gomez-Romero told investigators that the beatings had gone on for months, the sheriff's report stated.

Gomez-Romero was charged with first-degree murder and aggravated child abuse. The girl died on Christmas morning.

1 comment:

Mike, Crystal, Peanut, Maemae, Lelou and Corbin said...

ugh, that made my hands weak. I'm sitting here holding Clella after getting alittle sleep from working the night before, and wish I could have 5 minutes alone with that guy. I figure I'd have at least 4 minutes of rest time after I was done with him. I truly hope that in prison, they still dont like the child molesters/child abusers and he gets his just reward.