Saturday, January 26, 2008

Pterylae, I Say

One of my favorite artists - and favorite people, period - from when I sold my frames at the Portland Saturday Market has opened his own online Etsy store:

Adam Stare of
Pterylae Designs

He makes these wonderful geometric pieces of jewelry and art using acrylic squares and thread. And he explains the process SO much better on his site than I ever will .. but I wanted to give him props and a shout out nonetheless ("Yo, Adam!").

His pieces are so striking and interesting, and they were a consistently high seller at the Market when I was there. I think my sister bought something from him when she visited last! Trust me when I tell you that, regardless of how nice his little online shop is and how well his pieces are presented, the photographs do not adequately portray just how exquisite his work really is.

Please consider paying him a visit - and, of course, paying for some of his wares - to help him celebrate his artistry and (future) success!

No comments: