Saturday, February 24, 2007

The Natural Number Following 34 and Preceding 36

Google "35", and you'll find nifty trivia from Wikipedia like:
  • In years of marriage, 35 is the coral wedding anniversary (uh, what am I supposed to do with that?!?)
  • Interstate 35 is a freeway that runs from Texas to Minnesota (a drive I might punish Steve with if he buys me coral for our 35th wedding anniversary)
  • 35 is the minimum age (in years) of candidates for election to the position of President of the United States (a position I can assume in a mere 3 years to enact further and more severe punishment upon Steve if he buys me coral for our 35th wedding anniversary and forces me to drive Interstate 35 from Texas to Minnesota with him)

Google "35 years old", and the oddities include:
  • A Budweiser commercial showing how a clerk being diligent about checking ID can make a 35-year-old's day (darn, when was the last time my ID was checked?!?)
  • A list of 35-year-old whiskies from Whisky Magazine, which exists to "celebrate whiskies of the world" (maybe I need to start buying whisky - or is it whiskey? - to test this ID thing)
  • A Moscow news article reporting a 35-year-old man who underwent surgery to be relieved of what had initially been diagnosed as a tumor, but turned out to be the embryo of his unborn twin brother (gimme a whiskey NOW, or I will never recover from reading this article and seeing the picture attached to it!)

Google "Age 35", and this neat stuff appears:
  • Lots of links to articles regarding pregnancy after age 35 (oh goodie, there's still time)
  • Tips on how to stay young after age 35 (I'm betting the chances are lessened if one also has those previously mentioned children)
  • More tips, this time on landing Mr. Right at age 35 (ha! same bet as above but this time I'm betting more emphatically)
  • A website designed to help you meet and make a love match with an inmate who is, you guessed it, age 35 (a good backup plan in case Mr. Right is never quite landed, I suppose)

After I publish this post, I'll have to try all these Googles again to see if my blog appears. Happy 35th birthday, Steve! May this um, tribute of sorts remain in cyberspace for all eternity.

4 comments:

Kevin T. said...

Happy Birthday, Steve! I'll have a whisky in your honor--while I don't have any thirty-five year old stuff, I'll drink a couple of ten year olds and a five year old!

The Erickson Family said...

Happy Birthday Steve! We hope you had a good day! CHEERS!

Mike, Crystal, Peanut, Maemae, Lelou and Corbin said...

Happy birthday you old fart!!!!!

I'm so glad to know someone thats older than me...and by 2 years to boot! hahahahahahahahaha...oh happy day!!!!

Mike, Crystal, Peanut, Maemae, Lelou and Corbin said...

I demand an update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I will not be ignored! How about some pictures of the new paint and floor????

Looks like we will be up there the last week of September...save some small projects for me to help with :)

We are looking at getting a large room at the beach that week, so maybe you 2 would be able to come and spend a day or 2 with us down there???

Talk to you soon...

UPDATE!!!!